Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Most kids love 2-minute noodles and corn fritters so in this recipe, adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Recipes website, the two have been combined to make yummy kid-friendly pancakes. If you want to sneak in some different vegetables, you could probably get away with this the second or third time you make these! For an adult version, perhaps add bacon, garlic, and serve with sour cream and lemon wedges.
Top Review by I'mPat
Unfortunately these were a little bland (but then my flavour sachet was missing from the packet) so if that happens when making again I would add some spice and maybe go with adding bacon and garlic. Also make sure you break up your noodles, I forgot and it made it hard to make small pancakes, so I ended up with 8 largish ones. Thanks bluemoon downunder, for a easy recipe which I feel has lots of potential, made for ZAAR Cookbook Tag.
- 85 g flavoured Maggi 2-minute noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly break the noodles into a bowl, pour over boiling water to cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes, drain noodles into a colander and return to the bowl.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, flour, corn kernels, chives, parsley, flavour sachet and milk.
- Heat a non stick pan, brush with oil, and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook until golden, turn over and cook until set.