Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Top with coarsely crushed tortilla chips and BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, if desired.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup kraft Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain.
- Add water and seasoning mix; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minute Top with lettuce and tomatoes.
This is a very quick and tasty dish...I have had a very similar recipe that I clipped from a magazine years ago..I add a jar of salsa right to the pan as well...