Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very time saving. Quick to make. Delicious to eat. And no greasy frying pan to wash!
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I prefer Macayo's)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips (I prefer "white" corn chips)
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (etc.) (optional)
- Thoroughly mix green chili enchilada sauce, soup, and sour cream in a LARGE bowl.
- Stir in diced, cooked chicken.
- While still in bag, crush chips into smaller pieces (but don't make them all crumbs) and pour into soup mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased 9X13" baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When serving, add toppings of your choice.
THE BEST!! I bought a can of green enchilada sauce and back home I found I needed 28 oz opposed to the 10 oz I bought. I added a 4 oz can of green chilies, 4 oz of Half&Half, 4 ozs of Medium Salsa and finished with 6 ozs of chicken broth. Just the right anount of heat for chicken enchiladas. The recipe turned out great and I can't wait to try with the 28 oz of green sauce. Next time, I will add 1-2 cups more chicken (our preference) Highly suggest you try!!!
This sounded strange but went together quickly and was absolutely delicious! Everyone had seconds! Will definitely make this again soon! It is addictive!
Very good! The green enchilada sauce really made this dish. Thank you so much for sharing this great weeknight meal recipe!