Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious yet quick and easy vegetable dip. I got this recipe from my mom. It has been a favorite at family gatherings for years. I like to substitute low cal/fat/carb ingredients to reduce calories and fat. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) container thousand island dressing (can use regular or any of the light versions)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can also substitute with light version)
- Combine ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Blend with with hand-held mixer until the mixture has the consistency and texture of cottage cheese.
- Serve chilled with vegetables commonly used for crudite trays, such as cauliflower, celery, carrots, broccoli, etc.
This is so simple but really strong of the dressing. Maybe a littler on the sweet side. I forgot to buy the reduced fat dressing but did buy the neufchatel. Something less than 50/50 ratio might be better. Definitely good with vegetables not crackers.
In the infamous words of Rachel Ray: YUM-O! Plus it makes eating veges fun and can be made low/cal/low fat as needed!
This is a wonderful vegetable dip for a party. It tastes great and is really easy to make. Definately a hit for any gathering!