1/2 Photos of 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Homemade
Garden Addict's Note:
This is a very easy recipe for a healthy alternative to pizza made with white flour. White flour converts to sugar and then to fat in your body, However, 100% whole wheat products do not convert to sugar then fat in the same way and make it a much healthier option. This recipe take 45-60 minutes from beginning to end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First and foremost, if you have a pizza stone, put it in your oven and preheat your oven to 475 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2The homemade dough is the key - its pretty simple. All you need is to
- 31. put a yeast packet (1tsp) into a 1 cup measuring cup.
- 42. add 1 tsp of sugar and
- 53. 1/4 cup of very very warm water.
- 6Mix well and Let this rise for 10 minutes or until the foam reaches the top of the cup.
- 7While this is rising, put
- 81. 1-1/2 cups of flour into a mixer (like a kitchenaid) along with.
- 92. 1/2 tsp of salt and.
- 103. 1/2 tsp of garlic salt (optional) and then.
- 114. 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- 12Mix them in the blender until you see little tiny balls of dough, then wait for the yeast mixture to be done. When the yeast mixture reaches the top of the cup (from earlier) dump the entire contents into the mixer bowl and mix.
- 13While this is mixing, fill the measuring cup up with 3/4 cup of very very warm water and dump into the mixing bowl.
- 14Let everything mix until the dough has a smooth textured look to it.
- 15NOW, add flour until the dough pulls away in bulk from the edges of the bowl (this should be 3/4 - 1 cup of flour). Remove dough from the beater blade and form into a ball on a floured surface. Be sure that the dough is no longer sticky before you you form it.
- 16If you own a Pizza paddle (you can find them at kitchen stores for $10), then coat the paddle very thoroughly with corn meal. Form the shape of your pizza or calzone shell on the counter prior to placing it on the paddle. If you do not own a pizza paddle, you can take the stone out of the oven and form the dough on the stone, but be careful it is very hot. The idea of the pizza paddle is to have enough corn meal on it that whether you are forming a pizza, you put all the goodies on it or in it, open the oven and swiftly slide it onto the stone.
- 17cook the pizza for 12 minutes with all the toppings that you desire and viola- a delicious dinner for the family, and it is fun. From beginning to end, it takes me about 45-50 minutes. I DO NOT let the dough rise after it is formed- it is NOT necessary.
- 18If you do not own a pizza stone, BUY ONE- they are worth every penny!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.8
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 1248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.3 g