Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy fast bread. We like it without taking all the time to rise. Try it.
Make and share this 10 Minute French Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix water, yeast, and sugar.
- Then add salt, 4 cups flour, and oil.
- Add a little more flour if dough is not thick enough to turn out of bowl.
- Turn out on to 1 cup flour. Knead for 5 to 10 minutes until dough is elastic and smooth. Add more flour if needed.(It usually takes about 5 minutes until the dough is not so sticky when you press. I press my dough to flatten it some; turn it over; press a little;fold; press; repeat.So it's 1.Press 2.Turn Over 3.Press 4.Fold 5.Press 6.Turn.
- Divide into 2 to 4 loaves with a knife. Lay the sticky side down on a little flour to form a little round loaf. You can bake it just like that.
- If you want a sub roll, roll with a rolling pin into an oblong sheet and roll the sheet up into a loaf. Spray with water if you want crunchy bread. You can also put a mug of water into the oven to make your bread crunchy.
- Place on lightly floured cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
This was a great F-A-S-T recipe! It was a little more dense and moist than the store-bought French Bread but delicious and easy. I made half a recipe, rolled it up to one long, thin loaf and baked it as suggested - spraying it with water and baking it in the oven with a mug of water on the corner of the baking sheet. Thanks for posting this. I'll be making it again.