Recipe by mandave
This is my way of trying to make a yummy white bread recipe a little healthier, but still light and fluffy. It is SO GOOD! I took bits and pieces from different recipes.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons dough enhancer
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons lecithin granules
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup trans-fat free margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in order listed. Put bread machine on "dough only"setting. Check on dough to make sure it's the right consistency, adding flour or warm water as needed.
- Once bread machine cycle has ended and dough has risen, dump out of machine onto a cutting board or other surface, sprayed with cooking spray. Form into loaf and put into loaf pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Spray more cooking spray on plastic wrap and cover pan with it. Place on top of oven, turn on light above oven, and preheat to 375°F.
- Once dough has doubled in size and is a few inches above the pan, remove plastic wrap and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- I like to run a stick of butter over the top of the bread once I have it on the cooling rack, It looks beautiful and gives the top crust a yummy flavor.