Recipe by CookingTimeForMe
I came across these cookies once by accident, and then spent hours looking for them later! This recipe is based one the one from Hannah Kaminsky's blog, BitterSweet (http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com). These are vegan, gluten-free, and lower carb than most peanut butter cookies. If you're not calorie-counting, I'm sure Hannah's version is better. I just wanted to cut back a bit! Edit: These cookies ARE crumbly. According to the original recipe, using chia seeds instead of flax makes a difference - which is a good option if you're trying to avoid gluten.
- 473.18 ml natural-style peanut butter
- 473.18 ml sugar substitute (I like Splenda)
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds (ground chia seeds for a less-crumbly cookie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking tray (or two) with baking parchment.
- Mix the peanut butter, flax seed and Splenda in a large bowl, and then scoop rounded spoonfuls of mixture onto parchment-lined baking trays, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then cool for 10. Enjoy!