photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, peeled and diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced small (or white onion)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or herb of your choice)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, garlic and onions and stir for 2 to 5 minutes, until just softening. Remove from heat.
- Add basil, cayenne, mayo, and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Top each baguette slice with 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons of zucchini mixture, then add shredded cheese to top.
- Broil until cheese is just bubbly.
- Yield will vary depending on how much topping and cheese is used on each slice of bread.
- Cooking time includes frying time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in a small Canadian prairie town but was raised in the city. Country living appeals to me more and more and now I think I have the best of both worlds, living just outside the city but within a 30 minute drive from downtown. I enjoy the wildlife I see out my kitchen window and my vegetable and flower gardens in the summer. And I love cooking with the produce from my garden, although there always seems to be too much at once. Learning to can became a necessity with all those beautiful vegetables and I now really enjoy making pickles, relish, salsa, jams and whatever else strikes my fancy. I have 2 teenage sons and cooking to suit everyone's taste is always a challenge. Recipezaar has certainly made life easier in that regard, with so many great recipes to choose from. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/TasteofYellow.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/personal/FRENCH-foodfun.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/holidaylightssticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/photo-swap-7sticky.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/PotLuckSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/237330/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/237330/TEXMEXstickr.jpg"> <img src="http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/Cookin-jo/banners%20and%20stickers/piggysticker.jpg">