Zesty Pork Chops
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
4 pork chops with sauce
- 3 pork chops or 1 1/4 lbs pork chops
- all-purpose flour, for coating the chops
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 apple, cored and cut into slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coat the pork with the flour. Stir the picante sauce, brown sugar and apple in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides. Pour off any fat.
- Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pork. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
- FLAVOR VARIATION: You can really spice up this recipe by adding 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to the picante sauce mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.