Yummy Shepherd's Pie
- Ready In:
1 8x8 dish
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons salted sweet creamy butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the ground turkey with the celery, onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- While browning the turkey, boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- Mash potatoes with the butter, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Stir the tomato soup into the turkey mixture thoroughly and add carrots.
- Fold in the peas carefully and heat through.
- Put turkey mixture in an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- Top that with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Nichol and I am 31 years old. I live in Hastings, NE with my wonderful 9 month old daughter Molly, husband David, and our cat Salem. I absolutely love to cook and come up with new recipes. I also like to cook with ingredients that my husband claims he doesn't like and then when he eats a dish I created, he LOVES it!! We hope to open our own restaurant in the next couple of years! For now I run my own catering business called Noshes by Nichol and I just thoroughly enjoy seeing the looks on peoples faces when they taste what I have created! It's the simple things in life for me and I am grateful for them every single day! Oh and GGGOOO BBBIIIGGG RRREEEDDD! We are huge Husker fans and I always make a huge spread for game days! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">