Yellow Split Pea Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you can't find yellow split peas, feel free to use green ones. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups dried yellow peas
- 2 lbs ham bone or 2 lbs smoked beef brisket
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 3 quarts water
- salt and pepper
- crouton, for garnish
- Soak peas overnight.
- Drain, place in kettle with ham bone, garlic onion, celery and water.
- Simmer until tender, adding more water as necessary.
- Remove bone and mash peas; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with croutons or pour over rye bread toast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION