WILD RICE PILAF With PORCINI, CRANBERRIES & TOASTED ALMONDS
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup wild rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 ounce dried funghi porcini, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium pot, combine wild rice, ¾ cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoons butter; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
- Place porcini in a small bowl, add enough water to cover and soak for 30 minutes. In a small skillet on medium heat, toast almonds; remove from the heat and set aside. Place basmati rice in a fine sieve over a bowl and rinse until water is no longer cloudy; let it drain. After 30 minutes, drop porcini in a fine sieve and let it drain.
- After 40 minutes, add basmati to wild rice. Pour the remaining broth (1 ½ cups), give a good stir and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- In another pot over medium heat, add butter. When melted, add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add porcini, making sure to leave dirt behind, and garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Pour in white wine and cook until almost evaporate; stir and remove from the heat.
- When rice is cooked, add porcini mixture, cranberries and toasted almonds; season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Give a good stir, cover, remove from the heat and let the rice rest for 5 minutes before serving. For the final touch, sprinkle chopped parsley for each bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.