Whole Wheat Soup Dumplings (Steamed)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These dumplings can be steamed on top of broth or any soup.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk (less egg volume)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs (optional)
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a small bowl.
- Break egg into measuring cup and add enough milk to total 1/2 C liquid. Whisk egg and milk together.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients and pour in wet. Stir just to combine.
- Drop by the spoonful into simmering soup or broth. Cover and steam for 10 minutes--do not peak.
- If adding optional items, stir them into the dry ingredients before adding liquid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION