Whole Wheat Herb Dumplings (Backpacking)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This comes from Simple Foods for the Pack. Drop these into simmering broth.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- At home: combine all the ingredients, rubbing in the butter with your fingertips. Pack in an airtight zip-locking plastic bag.
- In camp: add ½ cup of water to the bag and mix. Drop by the spoonful into simmering soup or broth.
- Cover the pot and keep at a simmer. Check after 10 minutes. When done, the dumplings are puffed and springy to the touch.
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes if necessary.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION