Whole Wheat Macaroni and Cheese With Ham
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cook the macaroni, using a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt.
- heat cheese soup and milk, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add other cheeses, and seasonings to make it all nice and smooth and gooey.
- Mix together the cheese, the cooked macaroni and the ham.
- At this point, you can bake it in the oven in an 8x8 pan - 350F for about 30 minutes, or heat it through on the stove top - depends on how patient your family is!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is yummy. I used Recipe #278160 instead of canned soup abd tuna instead of ham to feed a fish craving. I also used ff cream cheese and 2% cheddar, and I was impressed with how rich it still tasted! I saved about 1/3 c cheese to sprinkle on top before baking, too. Good stuff--thanks for posting!