White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes white chocolate baking squares
- Whisk molasses, water and egg in a small bowl; set aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, orange peel, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and allspice in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pour molasses mixture over flour; beat with mixer until dough forms.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer dough to bowl; cover. Chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place on baking sheets; bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
- Melt shortening and white baking chocolate in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate.
- Place on cooling racks or wax paper to let chocolate harden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!