Welsh Rarebit Bread
photo by Chef GreanEyes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons margarine, butter or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- select loaf size on bread machine.
- add ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- select the basic white bread cycle.
- note: I used the "dough" cycle only, put dough in regular bread pan and baked at 350 degrees in oven for 30-35 minutes. (Used 2 tsp of veg oil, garlic flavored worcestershire and garlic salt in place of plain worcestershire and plain salt.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!