Weight Watchers Pasta Fra Diavolo
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on preference)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- In a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, salt and red pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the flavors are blended and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Drain and divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Spoon sauce over linguine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SoCal transplant who pulled up her roots and moved alllllllllll the way to TN!