Warm Mushroom and Romaine Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, remaining olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to pan and stir well.
- Cook till the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Pour over shredded romaine lettuce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really enjoyed this recipe. We all liked the way the marinade for the mushrooms made a dressing for the salad. I think it is best when the mushrooms are very hot - right out of the skillet! I didn't have enough romaine so added some baby spinach and that worked well too. A nice variation on a green salad.
Terrific! I made the full recipe for just the 2 of us and every bit got eaten---so good! I thinly sliced a couple of small shallots that were the last in the bag and added them to the garlic. What a great treat this salad was with Linguine with Red Clam Sauce and Bacon(recipe# 303826)--wonderful mid-week dinner that I would gladly and proudly serve to the pickiest of guests! Thank You very Much!