Warm Mushroom and Spinach Salad
photo by LUv 2 BaKE
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium hat. Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add raspberry dressing and vinegar,boil 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach,raspberries an pecans in salad bowl or arrange on idividual salad plates. Toss with warm dressing or spoon over salad. Sprinkle blue cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
- I have a recipe for Raspberry vinaigrette in my Salad Cookbook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A great summer salad! The mushrooms added a different twist to a classic salad for us (spinach with berries and cheese). I made a raspberry vinaigrette, but couldn't taste much of the flavor of it in the finished dish. That was okay, though, as the berries I had were very ripe and delicious. I did love that this salad required no chopping, slicing, or dicing. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
Oh this was a lovely salad! I used blackberries instead of raspberries because my supermarket didn't have raspberries, and I used balsamic vinaigrette dressing instead of raspberry vinaigrette because that's what I had on hand and it turned out just wonderfully! Made for ZWT III. The best part was the blue cheese...yum I think I used 1/4 cup on two salads! As far as the mushrooms these were so good and so easy that I will be making them and keeping them in my fridge to go on just about any salad! Thanks for sharing!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!