Vinegar Cole Slaw
- Ready In:
6 cups cole slaw
- 4 -5 cups cabbage, thinly shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt (more to taste)
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into super thin half-rings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, passed through garlic press
- 1 -2 tablespoon spicy mustard
- crushed red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Mix cabbage and salt together and place in a colander weighted on top with a heavy plate - refrigerate 1-4 hours to remove excess water.
- In a small sauce pan combine oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, mustard, and peppers - heat over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved - allow to cool.
- Mix cabbage, carrots, onion, and dressing together in a large bowl - refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a mother of two boys and a wife to a picky eater. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and am always on the lookout for recipes I think my tribe will eat.