Venison Stew With Dumplings
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Venison stew with dumplings is great for a cold winter night. The gamey taste of some deer can be taken care of by soaking the meat in milk for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 -3 lbs venison, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- handful flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Season-All salt
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
- Put your cubed venison in a large bowl, add salt and pepper and enough flour to coat the meat.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add the vegetable oil, then the onion and then deeply brown the meat.
- Throw in your celery and carrots, garlic, Season All and bay leaf, add enough water to cover.
- Stir well and then cover, simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the timer goes off, take the biscuits and tear them into pieces, drop the pieces into the stew.
- Cook uncovered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION