Vegetarian Hot and Sour Tom Ka Style Soup
- Ready In:
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or vegetarian chicken flavoured)
- 10 -15 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package tofu, sliced into small cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 -6 green onions, chopped
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Add all ingredients except green onions.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Add onions and allow to cook for 3 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
While I'm not familiar with Tom Ka, we do eat hot and sour soup like it's going out of style and we all love Tom Yum, so this soup seemed like a safe bet. As the 5 stars would indicate, we were spot on. The whole family thought the recipe was awesome. We didn't have any fresh shiitakes, but reconstituted dried ones worked just fine. Our only other deviation was to increase the vinegar a bit since we love the "sour" but other than that we stuck to the recipe. Thanks for a great soup, Chef#519123!