Vegetarian Curry Stew
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato, coconut milk and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the redskin and sweet potatoes and the carrots.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve stew warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!