Vegetarian 5 Bean Chili
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans soybeans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon (I prefer Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base or Beef Base for non-vegetarians)
- 3 -4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 0.25 (4 ounce) can chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1. Into a large crock pot or stock pot, empty all cans of tomatoes. Drain beans and add to pot.
- 2. Finely dice chipotles in adobo or chop in food processor (If you use food processor, remaining chipotles may be saved in ziploc in freezer for future use) and add to pot.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients to pot.
- 4. Cook on low for 4-5 hours in crock pot or simmer on the stove until carrots are tender.
- 5. Serve and top with shredded cheese (for non-vegans).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to sing. Gluten free diet.