- Ready In:
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Steam the broccoli, zucchini, and asparagus until tender. (I do this in the microwave by putting them in a large glass bowl with ~ 1/4 cup of water, covering with plastic wrap, and cooking for about 5 minutes on high.).
- Cook the linguine according to package directions in plenty of boiling, salted water, and drain.
While the linguine is cooking:
- In a very large saucepan, sauté the garlic and tomatoes in the olive oil for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the basil and mushrooms, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butter and cook until melted.
- Add the milk and cheese; blend well.
- Raise the heat and let the mixture reduce by about one third.
- Add the linguine and steamed vegetables; toss to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY