Vegetable and Brown Rice Paella
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer and stir in saffron, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and rice; stir to combine. Pour in reserved broth and bring to a boil. Cover, place in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven, uncover, and place asparagus and artichokes on top, pushing vegetables into the rice. Scatter peas over the top. Cover and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 5 minutes more, or until all the broth is absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook! I'm always in search of healthy, fun, and easy recipes to make (easy isn't always necessary though :) Also, I am in love with Alton Brown. Everybody should watch Good Eats.