Unfried Chicken Flautas With Cheese Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 12 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- milk or water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a skillet, cook chicken through. Add seasoning per envelope directions. Set aside.
- In a smaller skillet, fill up to halfway with vegetable oil, heat until hot. Quickly dip each corn tortilla into the oil, letting oil set in (about 2-5 seconds). Place on a paper-towel on a heat-proof plate. Repeat until all have been heated.
- On a workspace, place one tortilla (Be careful, as the tortillas may be VERY hot). Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of chicken onto center of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up tortilla (ends will be open). Place seam-side down on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all have been used.
- Place in oven, bake about 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown and crispy.
- For cheese sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, place velveeta cheese. Melt in microwave. Add Rotel to taste, and milk or water to thin.
- Tip: If you have leftover tortillas, cut them into wedges and bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy for chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!