Turmeric Chai Tea
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 teaspoons chai tea
- 1 cup water
- artificial sweetener, to taste
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup warm milk (almond milk etc) or 1/2-1 cup coconut milk (almond milk etc)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a glass jar.
- Note: Cayenne pepper, although optional, will speed the turmeric through the blood stream by relaxing blood vessels down to capillaries, allowing more turmeric to get to the infections faster.
- To make the tea (single serving): Bring water to boil, pour water over spices and steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve; add sweetener and milk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?