Turkey or Chicken Sopa
- Ready In:
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1
- 3 cups turkey or 3 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Old El Paso taco sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can consomme
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add onions.
- Cook until tender.
- Add green chilies, taco sauce, three soups, and turkey or chicken.
- Place a layer of tortillas on bottom of 2-inch deep casserole dish.
- Place alternate layers of soup mixture, tortillas and cheese on top.
- Repeat for 3 layers, making sure top layer is cheese. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes to one hour, or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yyyuuummmm, yum, yum, yum!!! Easy too. My family loved this meal. I loved it because it used up all my left over Thanksgiving turkey. I did make some changes: I did not have cream of chicken soup, so I used Campbells Fiesta Nacho soup and half teaspoon poultry seasoning then used less shredded cheese; instead of consomme (what's that?) I used chicken broth; I also used my favorite salsa instead of the taco sauce listed. This meal is HUGE--serves more than eight, more like 16. Serve with a simple lettuce and tomato salad. I would have given this recipe five stars, but my darling four-year-old, with boring taste buds, thought this was too spicy. signed, clueless in the kitchen
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Well, in trying to make a few corrections on my about me page, I managed to delete all the banners I have had in the past. So bear with me as I try to rebuild this mistake <img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/05-1-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt= />.<img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg alt= width=300 height=200 /><a href=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/Sharon123CookathonParticipationSticker.jpg alt= width=406 height=111 /></a><a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/?action=view?t=HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/ZaarStar-AMBanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/dcmac/dpg11.gif alt= /></a></p> <p> </p>