Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
This is a healthier and lighter version of traditional Italian meatballs, without sacrificing any great flavours! This is of course, one of my favorites. Courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey (dark meat)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 5 cups tomato sauce or 5 cups other pasta sauce
- Mix together bread crumbs,parsley, eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey, stir gently to combine. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- Shape into bite size balls.
- Heat oil in a large skiller under medium high heat.
- Add meatballs until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION