Turkey Corn Chili Ala Rachael Ray
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover cooked turkey, diced
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 cups corn, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) can chunky style crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- Heat the oil in a deep pot over medium high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the pot. Add the bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing heat if veggies start to stick.
- Stir in diced turkey meat and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne sauce. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and broth.
- Mix well, adjust seasonings, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved this Chili. Very healthy and packed full of Flavor. I added a can of pinto beans w/jalapeno. We used tabasco sauce and ground cayenne pepper.We also used ground turkey. It's hard going from ground beef to ground turkey but this made it a winner. And definitely converted us. We love Ground Turkey!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to eat, and I love to cook! I am known to bring several dishes to any function, just because there are always so many I want to try! I am so happy to have Zaar, it makes it that much easier to always have something fabulous to share!! <br />I am fortunate enough to be living my dreams, as I own my own business making candles and bath and body products. I bet you would not be surprised to know that my favorite candles are all bakery type scents...LOL!! So, you can bet whether I am cooking, or working, my house always smells fabulous! =)</p>