Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, the parsley, red peppers, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Shape the meat into an 8-inch loaf and place in a baking dish (not a loaf pan). Bake until no trace of pink remains, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Whisk together the remaining mustard, vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the greens among individual plates and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top. Serve with meatloaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 26 and I teach high school Spanish. I've always liked tinkering around with recipes to make something new and trying new foods. As a result, I am quite chubby. In any event, in my free time I like to read, cook, spend time with family and friends and travel.