Tuong Goi Cuon (Hue-Style Peanut Dipping Sauce)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This traditional sauce is from the central part of Vietnam.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons yellow bean paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground chili paste (garnish)
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped (garnish)
- Combine the hoisin sauce, water, bean sauce, vinegar, onions, and sugar in a pan over moderate heat and simmer until the onions are soft, about 15 minutes. Add the peanut butter and stir well. The sauce should be just thick enough to coat a spoon. If it is too thick, add a little water. Set aside to cool.
- When serving, transfer to an individual sauce bowl and garnish with chili paste and chopped peanuts. This sauce will keep up to two weeks if refrigerated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION