photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sushi grade tuna, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 beefsteak tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- grated zest of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- On 6 cold plates chilled in your refrigerator, arrange the sliced Ontario greenhouse cucumbers in a circle.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon tuna mixture on top of the cucumbers.
- Quick tip.
- Ahi or Yellowfin tuna is widely used in raw dishes, especially in sashimi.This fish is also great for grilling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!