This recipe is delicious and very easy to prepare. Use only sushi grade tuna from a reputable seafood distributor.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tuna
- 1 tablespoonful white miso
- 1 teaspoonful wasabi paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoonful sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoonful sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄2 cup ponzu sauce, souse
- 1⁄4 dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoonful toasted sesame seeds
- For the sauce combine Miso, wasabi, sriracha sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Start mixing it all together adding mirin . Do not pour all mirin at once, you might end up having clumpy paste.
- Add Ponzu sauce and soy sauce.
- Mix everything together until all ingredients are blended and there is no clumps. Pour the sauce into a glass container. This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for several months and can be used for other recipes as well.
- Put tuna in a freezer for half and hour, this way it will be easier to slice it.
- Pat tuna dray and cut it diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut each slice into 1/2 inch strips. Then cut strips into 1/2 cubes.
- Pour sauce and mix well until all tuna is covered. Let it marinate in a fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Using food ring plate your tuna tartar, dust it with sesame seeds and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation