Tuna Salad, Italian Style
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 6 leaves red leaf lettuce, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- Turn the tuna out onto a plate; do not flake or stir.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the pepper and let stand.
- In a bowl, combine the celery, red and green peppers, onion, and garlic; add in the remaining lemon juice and oil; toss to blend.
- Add the tuna to the vegetable mixture; toss.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter or on individual plates.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into the center; garnish with cucmber, carrot, and eggs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!