Tuna and Sweet Corn Melts
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 (185 g) can tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1 (310 g) can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 100 g colby cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat grill on high. Grill bread for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine tuna, corn, cheese, mayonnaise and parsley in a bowl. Top toast with tuna mixture. Season with pepper. Grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delish! We enjoyed these for lunch. I doubled the tuna and mayo and left everything else as listed. I used Mexican Corn and added sea salt and lots of pepper. Now we have leftovers:) I grilled in pan on my stove as weather is too cold to grill. Thanks Sonya! Made for teammate for 12 Days of Christmas.
yum, yum, yum. These melts were delicious. I love the fact they are made with stuff we always have on hand and taste so good. I used pei peri mayo and, as we don't eat white bread much, made them with the multi grain we had. I will be making these often and might chop some red capsicum finely to add in next time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Keilor Downs, Victoria in Australia. I am a receptionist in Melbourne. My favorite cook books are anything Weight Watchers or Simply 2 good 2 be true also any muffin or scone cook books. I love cooking easy stuff but I love a challange ocasionaly on the weekends when i have a bit more time. My pet peeve is how much capsicum/bell peppers are in recipes now as i am elergic to them.