Tsire Powder Mixture
This recipe comes from West Africa where it is used to coat raw meat kebobs which have first been dipped in oil or beaten egg and then dusted with the powder before being cooked on a barbeque. The cooked kebabs are then dusted with more powder before being served.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, deshelled
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (allspice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Grind the peanuts to dust.
- Add the spices and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Use immediately or store tightly closed in a cool place for up to 6 weeks.