True Believer Tomato Sauce
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1hr 33mins
- 2 onions, skin removed and cut only in half (not diced)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans san marzano tomatoes (from an Italian specialty store)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- In a large pot, pour both cans of tomatoes and heat.
- Add the whole stick of butter.
- As the butter starts to melt, add the onions.
- Stir and bring to a boil then set the heat to low.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serving suggestion: Pour over linguini and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am reformed. I used to take pride in making great reservations. Now I take pride in great recipes. I'm part of the generation that missed the required "home-ec" course. I'm part of the generation where "getting to a man's heart through his stomach" was a sign of female weakness for a career woman like me. Now, however, I'm finding that I don't lose career points by being able to whip up an exceptional dinner. I don't have to, rather, I want to. I'm a station manager for a group of radio stations, I'm a wife to my professional marketing company owner, I'm a mother to my daughter who is enterring college.