photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled ricotta salata (or feta cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and put the pasta on a large cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, spread out, and set aside to cool.
- Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.
- Prep time doesn't include cooling time for orzo but it does cool rather quickly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!