Tres Leches Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 large egg yolks
- 1 loaf stale challah, cut into 1-inch pieces (or torn)
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- freshly whipped cream, for serving
Cinnamon Sugar Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coat the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Line the insert with aluminum foil for easy removal, letting some foil overhang for handles. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and egg yolks. Toss in the cubed bread and the almonds and mix to coat all the bread. Add the mixture to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low until the center of the bread pudding is set, about 4 hours. Remove the lid and cool. Use the foil handles to lift the bread pudding from the slow cooker. Drizzle individual servings with Cinnamon Sugar Sauce and top with freshly whipped cream.
Cinnamon Sugar Sauce:
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, buttermilk, corn syrup, vanilla and cinnamon and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and slowly add the baking soda. At first the sauce will bubble up, just keep stirring. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- This syrup is a great addition to pancakes, waffles or any dessert.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!