Traditional Danish Hazelnut Torte - Scandinavian
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Published for ZWT III. This is a recipe from World Recipes for the traditional Danish Hazelnut Torte.
- Ready In:
- 9 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond (ground)
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts (ground)
- 9 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup cherry brandy (or cherry juice)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 24 hazelnuts
- powdered sugar
- Beat the egg yolks until thick. Add the sugar and beat. Add the ground nuts and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the yolk mixture.
- Bake in 2 well-buttered layer-cake tins in a preheated moderate oven (350º) until the top of the cake springs back quickly when you touch it. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cover the top of each layer with half of the liqueur, then with a thin layer of the raspberry jam. Place one cake on top of the other.
- Whip the cream and spread over top. Place whole hazelnuts here and there on the torte. Dust the top with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION