Traditional Alfajores - Caramel Sandwich Cookies
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix briefly.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture, blending with your fingers until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and Pisco, and mix with your hands until the dough is homogeneous and smooth (add a little extra Pisco if dough is too crumbly to form a ball).
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to 3/8" thickness, and cut into 2 inch circles.
- Place cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- .Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, until they are barely golden brown. Let cookies cook 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- To fill the cookies, spread one cookie with dulce de leche and top with second cookie. Roll the edges in the coconut.
- Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!