Tortellini alla Panna is a classic Northern Italian preparation of meat filled Tortellini tossed in a cream sauce.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb tortellini
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmagiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups bolognese sauce
- 1.Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2.Add the butter, cream and salt to a large sauté pan, turn the heat on to medium and melt the butter into the cream. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Take off the heat.
- 3.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the tortellini. Cook until the tortellini are slightly underdone, 3-5 minutes. Drain well.
- 4.Place pan with butter and cream back over medium heat. Add the tortellini and Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese and stir gently until cheese is melted and tortellini are well coated with the sauce.
- 5.Coat the bottom of a round or oval baking dish with 1 cup of the bolognese sauce. Add the tortellini with the cream sauce to the dish, then make a circle on top of the tortellini in the center with the remaining half cup of bolognese sauce, leaving about 1 inch around the edges uncovered.
- 6.Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until the cream sauce is starting to bubble around the edges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very simple to prepare, we really enjoyed this. I kept it vegetarian by using spinach tortellini and a simple homemade tomato sauce, to which I added a touch of garlic, sliced mushrooms, and some chopped peppadews for a little spice :) I had to restrain myself from eating it ALL, so my husband will still get a nice lunch today :) Thank you for sharing, Timothy, excellent recipe!16Reply