Torrone Wafer Cookies
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 2 large plain wafers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted whole almonds
- Roast the almonds in a preheated 375 F oven for approximately 10 minutes (do not burn).
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large pot. Once the marshmallows have melted, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. As soon as the chocolate mixture is melted, stir in the roasted almonds.
- Quickly spread the chocolate mixture on the wafer using a large buttered spoon. Once even, place the second wafer on top. Place something heavy on top of the wafer, and let sit for several hours to set. Cut diagonally into small cookies.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.