- Ready In:
- 6 firm cherry tomatoes
- 6 small fresh mozzarella balls
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil (the best quality)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 bamboo skewers
- Slice each tomato in half. Thread one half of one tomato onto the skewer, cut side facing up.
- Next thread a basil leaf, followed by one mozzarella ball, another basil leaf and a tomato half--cut side facing up.
- Repeat process until you have 6 skewers.
- Drizzle each skewer with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on serving platter and serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have used a similar recipe from The Essential Finger Food Cookbook. These are very festive on a platter and are always pleasers. Some changes that I have made include drizzling with a roasted red pepper vinaigrette instead of the olive oil and salt and pepper (superb!) and omitting the vinaigrette entirely and changing out the fresh mozzarella for little cubes of horseradish or garlic and herb cheese (another sure winner!). Thanks for posting.