Tomato and Butter Bean Stew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cherry tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans butter beans, drained
- 2⁄3 cup hot vegetable broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole on the hob. Add the onion and the garlic and cook for 10min until golden and softened. Add the leeks and cook, covered, for 5min.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and broth and season well. Bring to the boil, then cook in the oven, covered with a lid, for 35-40min until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and spoon into warmed bowls. If you like, serve with quartered lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)