Tomatillo Shrimp Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut in half crossways
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle tomatillo salsa (such as La Victoria)
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; cook an additional 3 minutes, until shrimp is opaque. Stir in corn, 1/4 cup water, chili powder and cumin. Heat through.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wrap four tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave 30 seconds. Brush one side of each tortilla with salsa. Spoon 1/2 cup shrimp mixture on each. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Top with any extra filling.
- Mix remaining salsa with half-and-half. Spoon over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mom to 2 boys, ages 11 and 6. My youngest is a cancer survivor, so we enjoy each day given to us! You never know what can happen in your life! I have been in the loan business for over 10 years and I love it. Unfortunately, this economy has put a wrench into my awesome career. After a couple layoffs, I decided I need to do something else for awhile. I am now selling advertising, and it's different! I am thankful to have a job, so can't complain much! I love to cook. I can spend a whole Sunday in the kitchen just cooking away. I love trying new recipes (my boyfriend hates it. Lol. He likes what he likes and would be fine never trying anything new.) I never bake. I think it's because I don't measure. I am a throw-in-the-ingredients until they taste good kind of girl. I LOVE this site(actually, I am addicted to it) and am enjoying finding new things to make everyday!